Memory loss affects each person differently, although individuals whose lives are impacted often face similar challenges. At The Springs at South Biscayne, we focus on alleviating those challenges and getting to know each resident in our memory support neighborhood as an individual, in order to best meet his or her unique needs, while offering unparalleled peace of mind and security. If your loved one is facing the challenges of dementia, Alzheimer’s or other cognitive impairments, memory care at The Springs is designed to provide residents with the highest quality of life in private, homelike surroundings.
CONNECTING WITH COMPASSION
Our holistic, person-centered approach to care builds personal connections with residents needing memory care, based on the utmost respect for individuals and their families. Caring, professional staff coordinate and communicate every step of the way to create genuine, sincere relationships—acknowledging and treating every person with dignity, respect and compassion. Shared spaces both indoors and outdoors provide areas to gather, socialize and engage in familiar activities. And our secured memory care community offers safety and support.
We constantly strive to better the lives of those with Alzheimer’s or dementia and do so using the nationally recognized Best Friends™ Approach to Alzheimer’s. These principles help us to ensure residents feel understood, valued and secure. We take the time to learn each resident’s life story, talents, hobbies, interests, values and preferences, and the resulting individualized memory care plan includes specific reminiscence tools to capture and preserve special memories.
Despite the challenges of memory impairment, we offer individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia continued opportunities to live engaging, meaningful and joyful lives. With our emphasis on holistic wellness programming, we foster a whole-person approach to memory care with activities and events geared toward physical, intellectual, social and spiritual fulfillment. Memory support at The Springs at South Biscayne means daily programming tailored to each resident’s needs and interests, enhanced by our Masterful Moments program that allows residents to shape the community’s lifestyle and personality, as well as activities that provide meaning and purpose while promoting as much independence as possible.
Our commitment to unsurpassed memory care shines through in the close-knit community at The Springs at South Biscayne. Each day is a new opportunity for our residents to flourish in a comfortable, secure environment among friends – when you’re here, you’re family.
Qualities & Services
- Thoughtfully designed community
- Easy-to-navigate corridors
- On-site licensed nurses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Assistance with grooming and medication management
- All-day dining options, including seasonal menus and healthy choices
- Weekly housekeeping and daily light cleaning
- Clothes laundering as needed
- Maintenance and utilities included except phone
- Full calendar of engaging programs, events and activities
- Specialized wellness programs
- Scheduled local transportation for appointments and outings
- Secured environment
- Emergency call response system
- Beautifully appointed studio residences
- Walk-in showers
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Library with fireplace
- Fitness studio
- Raised flower and vegetable gardens
- Covered veranda
- Secured, landscaped courtyard
- Art and music rooms
- Private event room
- Salon and spa
- Central activity room
- Individually climate-controlled suites
- View floor plans.
- Living options page (keywords: assisted living, Memory Support and Respite Care)
View floor plans.